About TVmomma:

I created this blog a few years back when I used to watch television 14 hours a day. I was getting highly-opinionated with what I see on TV and I wanted to spare my husband from my rantings so I thought of blogging about them instead.

I have called TV as my amusement park -- right in my own home. But now, things have changed and my TV viewing has been limited. I still post on this blog but only when I felt so strongly about what I've seen, and when I have the time.

For reprint and for anything else, please leave a message on the comment area. Thank you.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Always a White Man

Before, I was addicted to Without A Trace. I watched the reruns everyday, at noontime. And when they changed it to 1 PM, I watched it everyday, at 1 PM.

Then I got tired of it.

Now looking back and thinking of all the episodes I watched, I have arrived to the conclusion that it is a "safe" show. It is a show that is based on what is happening to society. An FBI department that really exists. They are not true stories but they are supposed to be realistic.

The writers and producers are making a story on missing persons and they are very careful with the plot. The people behind the show are walking in a straight line and not taking the risk to step out of the line.

I'm talking of the culprit, the criminal, the predator, the antagonist. It's always a white man. They made plots of black and asian people as suspects -- but in the end, they were not the enemies. It's always the white people.

But what is really happening out there? Sinners can be anyone regardless of their skin color. It's okay to have a black person to be the culprit sometimes. No discrimination, just a story. And I definitely think it's okay.

What I'm saying here is that to have a good show, be neutral, balanced, unbiased, and show us black and white. That includes Asians, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment