About TVmomma:

I created this blog a few years back when I used to watch television 14 hours a day. I was getting highly-opinionated with what I see on TV and I wanted to spare my husband from my rantings so I thought of blogging about them instead.

I have called TV as my amusement park -- right in my own home. But now, things have changed and my TV viewing has been limited. I still post on this blog but only when I felt so strongly about what I've seen, and when I have the time.

For reprint and for anything else, please leave a message on the comment area. Thank you.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba Sleep Song

I like this song from Yo Gabba Gabba (Noggin) and I thought to share the lyrics here.

I sing this to my daughter every time even if it's not time to sleep. The melody sounds really nice and reminds me when I was a little girl. I don't know the name of the song but I call it Dreams.

Close your eyes and sleep
And dream of happy things
Swimming around in water sounds
Or meeting some new friends.

Close you eyes and dream of dreams
Balloons floating on
Floating on, floating on.

Dreams can take us near
And dreams can take us far
Dreams can fly away like birds
And land on a star.

Close your eyes and sleep
And dream of happy things
Driving around in train sounds
Or meeting some new friends.

Close you eyes and dream of dreams
Rainbows, unicorn
Unicorn, unicorn.

Dreams can take us near
And dreams can take us far
Dreams can fly away like birds
And land on a star.

Close your eyes and sleep
And dream of happy things
Jumping around in bubble sounds
Or meeting some new friends.

Close you eyes and dream of dreams
Tonight, happy thoughts
Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Dreams can take us near
And dreams can take us far
Dreams can fly away like birds
And land on a star.

7 comments:

gal said...

Thanks. I really like this song too.

GPOL said...

Thank you. Does anyone have video? There are some beautiful images as I recall and I need them for inspiration for a children's book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this song. I heard it on Yo Gabba Gabba and wanted to learn the lyrics so thank you so much for posting them, I sing it to my daughter every night before bed and she fall right asleep and I would like to think she is dreaming of all the happy things in the song :) :) Thanks again your great!
April O'Neil (mommy of a five yr old :))

Anonymous said...

I like that song it is calming.

Anonymous said...

gracias, my 3 years old daughter was singing this song, I like it, thanks for the lirys!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the
"Dreams can take you near
And dreams can take us far
Dreams can fly away like birds
And land on a star"
As a tattoo.
its beautiful

Jenn said...

thank you SO much for this! I was looking for these lyrics, my two year old loves this song the most. xo

Post a Comment