About TVmomma:

I created this blog a few years back when I used to watch television 14 hours a day. I was getting highly-opinionated with what I see on TV and I wanted to spare my husband from my rantings so I thought of blogging about them instead.

I have called TV as my amusement park -- right in my own home. But now, things have changed and my TV viewing has been limited. I still post on this blog but only when I felt so strongly about what I've seen, and when I have the time.

For reprint and for anything else, please leave a message on the comment area. Thank you.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Disney Channel's Sitcom Plot

I was talking to a fellow mom like me, who has teenagers, and I like it that we share the same view regarding Disney sitcoms/shows. Disney channel is supposed to be wholesome and apt for entire-family viewing, but it has been my personal opinion that the plots (i.e., Wizards of Waverly Place and Good Luck Charlie, among others) portray the parents to be lesser people.

The mom I was talking to said she thinks the fathers are depicted as dumb. I agree. This is very demeaning because fathers are supposed to be the head of the household and must be key decision makers in the house. So why are they the laughingstock?

With regards to mom, they're also minimized in their roles; instead of them being portrayed as role models to their teenage daughters, they're turned into ambitious, no-clue characters, who got nothing good to impose upon their offspring.

All these in the spirit of comedy?

I think Disney channel should know better than alienating children from their parents, and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment